Monday, May 15, 2006

 

Welcome

Hello,
I'd like to welcome everybody to ANT 323 now that we've started the course.
I'm trying to post a message as if I were a student. There may be some hassles at first but once you get a hang of it you'll be OK. To post your own blog, you'll have to register first, so click on "register" in the right margin. You'll have to wait to get an email that you're a member, and then do what it tells you to do.
Then when you want to post a message, click on "blog this" in the blue bar on top. Don't forget to change the message title in the "title" bar that shows up at the top of the blogger window. Otherwise your message will be called "Just Looking." Also it might be a good idea to delete that irritating first line with the code - you don't need it.
...
TO ERR IS HUMAN. TO REALLY SCREW UP YOU NEED A COMPUTER. I have as you know eliminated the reading report requirement. However, it was still mentioned on the syllabus page (www.chass.utoronto.ca/~ikalmar/323/323.html) until some time ago. I took it off, so it should be fine now.
...
A FAQ: Can I use the 2005-06 reading package? Some of the readings in that package will not be used this year, and there is a number of new readings. The new readings are almost all from the Mitchell book or online. However, there are new readings for May 30 on TV and the lecture on "Jews" on June 19. So use your judgment ... I asked for the relevant books to be on short term loan but I cannot guarantee that that has happened.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?