Friday, November 16, 2007

 

Obsession Ad


As we were trying to interpret the Obsession ad during the last class, I think I might have another take on it. The fact that we, as the public, are trying very hard to analyze this ad is kind of obsessive isn’t it? We were trying to decide why Kate Moss was nude, the reason for her somewhat shocked expression, why she had her hand on her mouth, why this particular ad was in black and white etc. Since the ad is so abstract, maybe the “obsession” comes from the public just trying to figure it out. Maybe the ultimate purpose of the campaign is to force the public to obsess about it, and hence remember it when it comes time to shop. I’m not sure if my explanation is very concrete, but I would love to know what the others’ take on it is.

I also found this ad with Kate Moss, for the same campaign. This one is very similar to the one we saw in class. Enjoy!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?