Tuesday, January 29, 2008

 

Masking the absence of basic reality

I know this was a topic discussed last semester, but I felt it was interesting and may be good for review.

The other day I was in the movie theatre when I saw an advertisement that I thought very much represented the third phase of the relationship between the image and basic reality: image masking the absence of basic reality. The product is not mentioned until after a minute and twenty seconds of a gorilla drumming along to a Phil Collins song. This is very much a postmodern advertisement that I have a hard time associating with chocolate bars. I am not quite sure how this advertisement reflects the chocolate bar, but I would love to hear your opinions.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=x8obTzo418g

Comments:
wow. perhaps the connection between the gorilla and the chocolate bar is that they are both really awesome. just a guess.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?