Monday, March 31, 2008

 

Borat

I first watched the movie Borat after my brother persuaded me into watching what he called "the funniest movie you'll ever see". Of course, I expected it to be hilarious and was quite pleased that the movie lived up to its expectations. I was however surprised at how much the movie made me think. Not only was it hilarious, but it really showed how easily people will open up and show their prejudices. While many may perceive Sacha Baron Cohen as an idiot who gets laughs out of disgusting, sexist and racist jokes, I think he is one of the most intelligent comedians out there. The movie Borat isn't just a comedy, it is a movie that demonstrates how quick people are to follow along with stereotypically racist jokes, and does it in such a clever way. Perhaps he did not go about it in quite the right way sometimes, i.e. by getting drunk college students to go on rants about their racist point of views, but no one can deny how clever he really is.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?