Tuesday, March 31, 2009

 

Milking the Golden Calf


While spending some valuable browsing http://www.cuteoverload.com/ I stumbled across this add for Cyclone Dairy: Perfect Cows, Perfect Milk (http://www.cyclonedairy.com/). Their motto is " Old Fashioned Dairy, The New Fashioned Way".

A quick internet search resulted in numerous blogs debating who is behind the ad campaign and the website and what the point of the whole thing is. Some are also discussing cloning and "what if scenarios". Most however, tend to critique the ad campaign.
I have to admit though, that the first time I went to website I thought "holy cow! that is freaky!". I'm not very technologically savvy and I don't quite follow the news (I mostly learned about Dolly the sheep through this class), so I thought that hey! Maybe they CAN clone cows. (I skipped their scientific explanation). Now (I think) I know better.

So now, I'm left with all the other bloggers wondering what this Cyclone Milk add campaign is about. Is this some sort of faux-Dolly? Some of sort of warning: oh, look what can/may/could/will happen if we let science get out of hand while it disguises itself as a nice company looking out for us? A flashing golden calf?

Whatever it is - it isn't very good. I mean, we've had so many movies, comic books, novels, short stories, etc. with the same sort of approach - what if we're fooled by big scientific coorporations etc. But MAYBE it's not like that at all - MAYBE they can REALLY clone cows now. I don't know it fooled me.

On a side note, what the hell is up with that new show Gimme Sugar (Much More Music seems to be on the LGBTQ bandwagon, eh?) ?! Aside from the fact that none of those girls seem able to form proper sentences, I was kind of irked by the fact that the only two girls who "got game" were the whorish and the masculine/androgynous lesbians. It seems like the only way that women can be sexually promiscuous is within the whore and the masculine identities. And that is not cool.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?