Wednesday, April 01, 2009

 

video games and popular culture

these days it seems like anything can be the theme of a video game. with the wii and other video simulatory technologies, fantasies are easily realistic. I was at my younger cousin's house the other night when he asked me if I knew how to play Wii. Honestly it was my first time and knowing it was a vitual simulation of what wanted to learn about was pretty crazy without the physical materials there in front of me. I tried the game Tennis for Wii and it was almost as if i was in a different world. I was amazed by the realism and accuracy the virtual tennis game was to the real thing. I was baffled and thought, was this the future of gaming? a hyperreality of virtual/ real? amazing...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?